Our eRacks/NAS72 is a high-storage-density 4U rackmount storage server with 72 removable drive bays with up to 1296TB of storage with 18TB Enterprise-level 3.5-inch Hard Disk Drives, and 1440TB with 20TB SMR drives.
Suitable for Cloud Storage, OpenStack, SDS (Software-Defined Storage) with the leading Open Source SDS solutions, NAS/Local LAN usage, media libraries, or any number of other storage uses, the eRacks/NAS72 is a truly petascale solution - ten eRacks/NAS72 servers in a standard 42u rack gives you over 12-14PB (Petabytes) of raw storage - with 2U of room to spare for a UPS, KVM, Network switch/firewall, or other of eRacks' rack accessories.
Pre-configured, tailored to you
In keeping with eRacks' signature service of saving you time and money by pre-provisioning your system to be as turnkey as possible, eRacks can preinstall and configure your server in one of several ways:
- Your choice of Cloud software is available, including OpenStack, CloudStack, Eucalyptus, OpenNebula, ProxMox, or other - just specify in the "Notes" field when you place your order or request a quote.
- Your choice of Storage or SDS software, to fit inro a larger architecture or pre-existing cloud infrastructure - choices include Ceph, GlusterFS, MooseFS (an eRacks Partner), LizardFS (Also ans eRacks Partner), or others
- Simply ask us for a quote, and specify your preference in the "Notes" field -
- Your choice of NAS software / OS is available on request, including Samba, FreeNAS, NAS4Free, OpenMediaVault, RockStor, or your choice - if you don't see it, just specify it in the "Notes" field when you place your order or request a quote. Configured by default with Ubuntu and Samba, the eRacks/NAS72 can act as a seamless NAS file server in a Windows or mixed environment.
- Or, you may choose one of our regular distros, and/or simply ask for your preferred OS, packages, and storage options - Arch Linux, LizardFS,Ceph, MooseFS,Samba,NFS, Novell, Apple and any other available configuration requests - just add it in the Notes.
This model is available with single and dual multi-core Xeon E5 v4-series or later CPUs.
At full capacity, this system houses 1296 Terabytes (18TB x 72 drives) or 1440TB with SMR drives. Read our press releases.
Greener on the other side
The larger Seagate, HGST, and WD drives are Helium-filled - which require far less rotational energy, making them 23%+ more efficient - and the drives are also lighter (the helium helps, here!), meaning the packing crate has a lower shipping weight as well, saving money on shipping as well as on month-to-month electricity bills - a truly green solution.
Every Which Way
The default configuration is a half-populated (36 drives) config, to make it accessible at a lower initial price, and the storage can be increased later by filling the empty drive trays.
For cloud configurations such as OpenStack, CloudStack, Eucalyptus, and others, you may put the number of servers or desired architecture summary in the notes field (eg all-in-one, storage only, etc) or contact us directly for more involved configurations.
Note that other memory configurations, including other types and speeds of RAM are available, including 2400/2666/3000/3200/3600/4000/4400MHz etc. available ECC/nonECC, etc - contact us for details and a custom quote.
Western Digital RED, BLACK, GREEEN, or PURPLE, drives are also available, email us for details, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SAS drives and SAS RAID controllers are available with this system. Please email or phone to request a quote.
Features & Specifications
4U Chassis & Power Supply: 1200W or 2000W double/triple-redundant PSU
Motherboard: Intel multi-core Xeon Dual-CPU series DDR4 IPMI motherboard. AMD Epyc/Threadripper/Ryzen/Opteron configs available by quote.
Processors: Single, Dual multi-core Xeon (Available by quote: Quad or 8-way Xeon, AMD Epyc/Threadripper/Opteron/Ryzen)
Memory: DDR4 ECC/REG, Up to 3TB.
Hard Drives: Up to 72 SATA6 / SAS3 Drives (plus 2 more SSD/NVMe/M.2 for mirrored OS)
RAID hardware: multi-port LSI SATA6 / SAS3. RAID options: 0,1,5,6,10,50,60, & others
Optical Drive: Slimline DVDRW or BluRay
OS: Ubuntu / OpenStack, CloudStack, FreeNAS, NAS4Free, OpenMediaVault / Debian, RockStor
Software: Ubuntu Linux Server (or your choice of other open source OS) plus packages of your choice
Width 17.2" (437mm), Height 7" (178mm), Depth 35" (889mm)
Weight Unpopulated: Net Weight: 67 lbs (30.4 kg), Gross Weight: 104 lbs (47.2 kg)
Buttons: Power On/Off button, System Reset button
LEDs: Power status LED, Hard drive activity LED, 2x Network activity LEDs, System Overheat LED, Power fail LED
PCI-Express: 4x PCI-E 3.0 x8 slots (Low-profile - LPPCI)
Hot-swap: 72x 3.5" SAS2/SATA3 in 36x Hot-swap drive bays (2x HDD per bay w/LEDs for each drive)
Double-sided: 24 front + 12 rear HDD Bays
Fixed Internal Drive Bracket supports 2x 2.5" drive bays
Latest high-speed SAS / SATA expander per backplane
Fans: 7x 9cm hot-swap cooling fans
Note: Shipping weight will be up to approximately 240 pounds plus packaging. Packaging will include a wooden pallet or other frame or complete wooden or hard-shell crate / container.
Please email email@example.com or phone to request a custom quote.
Choose the desired options and click "Add to Cart". You may also request a quote, please add additional requests and information in the "Notes" field. Your quote request will be sent to your profile's eMail if you are logged in, otherwise enter the email address below (required only if not logged in).