eRacks/NAS72: more photos
Our eRacks/NAS72 is a high-storage-density 4U rackmount storage server with 72 removable drive bays with up to 576TB of storage.
Cloudy with a chance of...
Suitable for Cloud Storage, OpenStack, SDS (Software-defined Storage) with the leading Open Source SDS solutions, NAS/Local LAN usage, media libraries, or any number of other storage uses, the eRacks/NAS72 is a truly petascale solution - ten eRacks/NAS72 servers in a standard 42u rack gives you over 5 Petabytes of raw storage - with 2U of room to spare for a UPS, KVM, Network switch/firewall, or other of eRacks' rack accessories.
Pre-configured, tailored to you
In keeping with eRacks' signature service of saving you time and money by pre-provisioning your system to be as turnkey as possible, eRacks can preinstall and configure your server in one of several ways:
- Your choice of Cloud software is available, including OpenStack, CloudStack, Eucalyptus, OpenNebula, ProxMox, or other - just specify in the "Notes" field
- Your choice of Storage or SDS software, to fit inro a larger architecture or pre-existing cloud infrastructure - choices include Ceph, GlusterFS, MooseFS (an eRacks Partner), LizardFS (Also ans eRacks Partner), or others
- again, simply ask us for a quote or specify in the "Notes" filed when you place your order
- Your choice of NAS software / OS is available on request, including FreeNAS, NAS4Free, OpenMediaVault, or your choice - just specify it in the "Notes" field when you place your order.
- Or, you may choose one of our regular distros, and/or simply ask for your preferred OS, packages, and storage options - Arch Linux, LizardFS, Ceph, MooseFS, Samba, NFS, Novell, Apple and any other available configuration requests - just add it in the Notes.
This model is available with single and dual multicore Xeon e5 v3 series CPUs.
At full capacity, this system houses 576 terabytes (8TB x 72 drives). Read our press release.
Greener on the other side
These 8TB drives are Helium-filled - which require far less rotational energy, making them 23% more efficient - and the drives are also lighter (the helium helps, here!), meaning the packing crate has a lower shipping weight as well, saving money on shipping as well as on month-to-month electricity bills - a truly green solution.
Every Which Way
The default configuration is a "starter" config, and there are choices available to partially populate your unit, to make it accessible at a lower initial price, and the storage can be increased later by filling the empty drive trays.
For cloud configurations such as OpenStack, CloudStack, Eucalyptus, and others, you may put the number of servers or desired architecture summary in the notes field (eg all-in-one, storage only, etc) or contact us directly for more involved configurations.
Note that other memory configurations, including other types and speeds of RAM are available, including 1600MHz and 1866MHz, ECC/nonECC, etc - contact us for details and a custom quote.
Western Digital RED, BLACK, or GREEEN drives are also available, email us for details, at email@example.com.
Seagate Archive SMR drives are also available in 5-8TB sizes, for a considerable savings, for Archive-targeed usage profiles.
SAS drives and SAS RAID controllers are available with this system. Please email or phone to request a quote.
4U Chassis & Power Supply: 1200W or 2000W double/triple-redundant PSU
Motherboard: Intel multi-core Xeon Dual-CPU series DDR3 / IPMI motherboard
· (Available by quote: Single/Dual AMD Opteron series CPU / DDR3/ SATA/ IPMI motherboard)
Processors: Single, Dual multi-core Xeon e5 v3 series
· (Available by quote: Single, Dual or Quad AMD Opteron)
Memory: DDR3-1600 or 1333 ECC/REG, Upto 512GB with multiple CPUs.
Hard Drives: 72 SATA3 / SAS / SAS2 Drives (plus 2 more for mirrored OS)
RAID hardware: multi-port LSI SATA3 / SAS / SAS2. RAID options: 0,1,5,6,10,50, & others
Optical Drive: Slimline DVDRW or BluRay
OS: Ubuntu / OpenStack, CloudStack, FreeNAS, NAS4Free, OpenMediaVault / Debian, Ubuntu Linux Server plus packages of your choice, or other open source OS
Note: Shipping weight will be approximately 240 pounds plus packaging, depending on configuration. Packaging will include a wooden frame or complete wooden container.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone to request a custom quote.