Our eRacks/NAS72 is a high-storage-density 4U rackmount storage server with 72 removable drive bays with up to 576TB of storage.
Suitable for Cloud Storage, OpenStack, SDS (Software-defined Storage) with the leading Open Source SDS solutions, NAS/Local LAN usage, media libraries, or any number of other storage uses, the eRacks/NAS72is a truly petascale solution - ten eRacks/NAS72 servers in a standard 42u rack gives you over 5 Petabytes of raw storage - with 2U of room to spare for a UPS, KVM, Network switch/firewall, or other of eRacks' rack accessories.
Pre-configured, tailored to you
In keeping with eRacks' signature service of saving you time and money by pre-provisioning your system to be as turnkey as possible, eRacks can preinstall and configure your server in one of several ways:
- Your choice of Cloud software is available, including OpenStack, CloudStack, Eucalyptus, OpenNebula, ProxMox, or other - just specify in the "Notes" field when you place your order or request a quote.
- Your choice of Storage or SDS software, to fit inro a larger architecture or pre-existing cloud infrastructure - choices include Ceph, GlusterFS, MooseFS (an eRacks Partner), LizardFS (Also ans eRacks Partner), or others
- Simply ask us for a quote, and specify your preference in the "Notes" field -
- Your choice of NAS software / OS is available on request, including Samba, FreeNAS, NAS4Free, OpenMediaVault, or your choice - if you don't see it, just specify it in "Notes". Configured by default with Ubuntu and Samba, the eRacks/NAS72 can act as a seamless NAS file server in a Windows or mixed environment.
- Or, you may choose one of our regular distros, and/or simply ask for your preferred OS, packages, and storage options - Arch Linux, LizardFS,Ceph, MooseFS,Samba,NFS, Novell, Apple and any other available configuration requests - just add it in the Notes.
This model is available with single and dual multicore Xeon e5 v3-series CPUs.
At full capacity, this system houses 576 terabytes (8TB x 72 drives). Read our press release.
Greener on the other side
These 8TB drives are Helium-filled - which require far less rotational energy, making them 23% more efficient - and the drives are also lighter (the helium helps, here!), meaning the packing crate has a lower shipping weight as well, saving money on shipping as well as on month-to-month electricity bills - a truly green solution.
Every Which Way
The default configuration is a "starter" config, and there are choices available to partially populate your unit, to make it accessible at a lower initial price, and the storage can be increased later by filling the empty drive trays.
For cloud configurations such as OpenStack, CloudStack, Eucalyptus, and others, you may put the number of servers or desired architecture summary in the notes field (eg all-in-one, storage only, etc) or contact us directly for more involved configurations.
Note that other memory configurations, including other types and speeds of RAM are available, including 1600MHz and 1866MHz, ECC/nonECC, etc - contact us for details and a custom quote.
Western Digital RED, BLACK, or GREEEN drives are also available, emailus for details, at email@example.com.
Seagate Archive SMR drives are also available in 5-8TB sizes, for a considerable savings, for Archive-targeed usage profiles.
SAS drives and SAS RAID controllers are available with this system. Please email or phone to request a quote.
Features & Specifications
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone to request a custom quote.
Choose the desired options and click "Add to Cart". You may also request a quote, please add additional requests and information in the "Notes" field. Your quote request will be sent to your profile's eMail if you are logged in, otherwise enter the email address below (required only if not logged in).