Network Attached Storage (NAS) Servers
As technology advances, data integrity is by far the far most important and absolute necessity from individual to large enterprise level companies. And with good reason, for easy access, availability and data security, eRacks/NAS servers are growing in popularity. NAS servers allow all authorized users to access to company data 24×7, and eRacks/NAS servers help provide tremendous competitive advantages, increase levels of customer service, and extend the collaborative reach across any project, at any company.
A NAS, or Network Attached Storage device, is attached to a network, and stores data (by definition!), and thereby makes the data accessible to authorized users. The connected network could be very large - small business, home, corporate or campus-wide, or the entire Internet. No matter how small or large the network is, the NAS server is connected to a network that allows storage and retrieval of data from a central location for authorized network users and varied clients, and all types of Operating systems.
NAS servers are flexible, and can scale out as well as scale up, meaning that as you need additional storage, you can add to what you have, instead of just getting a bigger one.
A NAS sever can be like having a faster, local private cloud in the office, or, installed at your colo (or hosted at ours!), can be the basis for your private cloud itself. It’s faster, less expensive and provides all the benefits of a public cloud but on your site or at your disposal, giving you complete control.
The key features of NAS Servers are,
- Simple to operate.
- No dedicated IT professional required to maintain.
- Lower cost.
- Easy data backup and it’s always accessible when you need it.
- Good at centralizing data storage in a safe, reliable way.
- Compatible with all OSes like, Unix/Linux, MacOS, Windows and Android.
NAS servers typically cost less than normal servers of the same storage level. This cost savings allows for more money in the budget to spend on other initiatives which could greatly benefit your small business and enterprises. Not only does the cost savings include the initial purchase, but NAS devices are typically far cheaper to maintain than other servers.
The NAS includes a fully-functional operating system, including access to additional applications. This allows you to download a variety of applications to extend the functionality of your NAS device including office security surveillance, backup services, disaster recovery backups, company knowledge base, etc.
Most NAS devices have their own Cloud service, which allows you to remotely access or even synchronize your data on devices with an internet connection. You can also share your data with others through the Cloud without the 3rd party needing to have any specific software on their end.
There are numerous features and benefits of eRacks/NAS servers for home, small businesses and large enterprises:
- Cheap and Affordable: eRacks/NAS Servers are cheap and affordable for all type of users.
- Increased Business Efficiency: Uses only required hardware for use environment thus consume minimum power and save Cost and increase business efficiency.
- Heavy Data Transfer: Built for multi-user environments and with correct drives providing high workload rates for heavy data transfer operations.
- Data Security: Protect data from storage drive and hardware failure and provide high level data security with ZFS, NFS, GlusterFS, LizardFS, Ceph, MooseFS, GFS, etc for distributed file systems.
- Cloud Infrastructure: eRacks' own eVirt KVM-based cloud (Ceph available), OpenStack, CloudStack, Eucalyptus, or other Cloud infrastructure for your own private cloud.
- Varity of Use Environments: FreeNAS, OpenNAS, OpenFiler, OpenMedaVault, Samba, ATalk, NFS, rsync, and others for local on-premise LAN use or NAS.
- DropBox-Equivalent Functionality: NextCloud, Seafile or OwnCloud for your own private DropBox-equivalent functionality supported.
- Cross-Platform Support: eRacks offers a complete cross-platform solution - private / hybrid cloud server, file server, and total / SDS storage.
- High Scalability: As with ‘Start low and grow big as the business grows’ method, eRacks/NAS Servers provides high scalability with up to 1,152 TB or 1.125 PB of raw storage with 16TB of 3.5-inch Hard Drives and up to 3TB ECC/Reg. memory.
In case of individual, home use, small business or enterprise class requirement, eRacks/NAS servers are designed to provide high performances while use the lowest power and maximize the benefit. eRacks also offers system architecture and design services, including network design and private cloud architectures. If you need specific configuration or customized NAS server, just write the requirements on the "Get a Quote" field, email us or contact us as you see fit.
We got you covered.
The eRacks/NAS4 is our 1U 4-drive bay NAS server, with enterprise-level features, power, and redundancy found in our larger NAS-series systems - a great storage server solution for companies that want a robust, reliable, professional-grade rackmount storage server with redundancy, while still 1U - and they may not yet need vast storage capacity, but still would like to have access to the same enterprise-level features as found in our higher-end storage servers, such as dual-CPU power, ECC RAM, and redundancy found in our larger NAS-series systems.
The unit can have up to 4 hot-swap 3.5" hard drives, up to 14TB each, and include both HGST and Seagate Archive (SMR) drives, to reach total capacity of 52 Terabytes of raw storage.
Compared to the consumer-grade solutions with similar features (1U, 4 drives), eRacks' solution is far more configurable, and of course fully open, with enterprise-class features such as RPS, ECC RAM, dual-CPU capabilities, and up to 4x GbE or 10GbE NICs.
The eRacks/NAS6 is a 2U Cloud-ready Storage / NAS server with 6 removable hard drives, as well as 3.5" and 5.25" external bays for peripherals.
- · 650W High-Efficiency Gold-level certified PS
- · Redundant power option available
- · 6x Hot-swap SATA / SAS hard drive bays
- · Dual-Xeon-capable, Xeon e5 v2/v3 standard
- · Max 1TB DDR3 Memory (1.5TB available via custom quote)
- · 3 PCI slots w/riser, or ~5 vertical LPPCI slots
- · Hardware RAID card
The eRacks/NAS8 is a 2U large capacity storage server with eight 3.5" hot-swap drive bays. With the latest 8TB drive technology eRacks/NAS8 storage server can now provide up to 64 Terabytes of raw storage space.
There is still room for an available DVD/BD/CD Optical drive, and a 3U chassis version with vertical drive bays.
eRacks/NAS8 is delivered pre-configured with the latest open source operating system and software per your requirements.
The 8TB drives are available in both HGST 8 Terabyte hard drives, and Seagate Archive SMR 8TB Drives - also available across our entire line of storage servers.
With eRacks Systems implementation of HGST 8 Terabyte hard drives, eRacks/NAS12 now store's up to 96 Terabytes of networked raw storage space.
Coming soon: eRacks/NAS12 with 8+4 drives - 4x NVMe SSDs for OS, Logs, etc - extremely fast!
eRacks/NAS16 is a mid-size, yet high-capacity network storage server with great pricing as well as power, capacity, and redundancy features that make it a top-of-the-line solution.
The 3U rackmount unit holds 16 hot-swap 3.5" drive bays, as well 2x SSD 2.5" hotswap drives, mirrored, for the OS, in the rear.
With incorporation of the all new HGST 8 Terabyte hard drives by eRacks Systems, this unit is now a truly powerful storage server with up to 128 Terabytes of networked raw storage space to offer.
As with all eRacks Systems products, the server will come with customers’ choice of open source operating system and software, pre-configured and ready-to-use. eRacks/NAS16 is a great cloud storage solution. Low power usage by HGST drive units, now in use, makes this model a true green and eco-friendly solution.
Suitable for cloud storage, NAS/Local LAN usage, media libraries, or any number of other storage uses, the eRacks/NAS24 is a truly petascale solution - ten eRacks/NAS24 servers in a standard 42U-45U rack gives you up to a full 3.36 Petabytes - with rack space to spare for a UPS, KVM, Network switch/firewall, or other of eRacks' rack accessories.
The eRacks/NAS36 is a 4U-height rackmount Cloud / NAS / Storage server with a single backplane. The RAID controller handles up to 36 drives. The system is 4U in height and contains up to 24 hotswap SATA3/SAS3 drives in front, and 12 more in the rear.
This yields a nice, compact server that's miserly on the rack U's while big on storage - filled with the best-value 3TB drives, it's 108TB for well under $15,000, when configured. With 12TB drives, it maxes out fully configured at 504TB, still for well under $25,000.
With the 8TB, 10TB, 12TB & 14TB enterprise-class Helium-filled drives from HGST, it saves energy too - and is a truly petascale solution in only 4U of rackspace.
With the seagate Archive 8TB SMR drives, it is a truly miserly $cost/petabyte!
Our original flagship eRacks/NAS50 is a 9U rackmount storage server with 50 removable drive bays with up to 700TB* of storage.
Suitable for cloud storage, NAS/Local LAN usage, media libraries, or any number of other storage uses, the eRacks/NAS50 is a truly petascale solution - four eRacks/NAS50 servers in a standard 42u rack gives you 2.8 Petabytes - with room to spare for a UPS, KVM, Network switch/firewall, or other of eRacks' rack accessories.
Our new flagship eRacks/NAS60 is a 4U rackmount storage server with 60 removable drive bays with up to 840TB of storage.
Suitable for cloud storage, NAS/Local LAN usage, media libraries, or any number of other storage uses, the eRacks/NAS60 is a truly petascale solution - ten eRacks/NAS60 servers in a standard 42u rack gives you 8.4 Petabytes - with room to spare for a UPS, KVM, Network switch/firewall, or other of eRacks' rack accessories.
Our eRacks/NAS72 is a high-storage-density 4U rackmount storage server with 72 removable drive bays with up to 1008TB of storage.
Suitable for Cloud Storage, OpenStack, SDS (Software-defined Storage) with the leading Open Source SDS solutions, NAS/Local LAN usage, media libraries, or any number of other storage uses, the eRacks/NAS72is a truly petascale solution - ten eRacks/NAS72 servers in a standard 42u rack gives you over 10 Petabytes of raw storage - with 2U of room to spare for a UPS, KVM, Network switch/firewall, or other of eRacks' rack accessories.
- - Your choice of Cloud software is available, including OpenStack, CloudStack, Eucalyptus, OpenNebula, ProxMox, or other - just specify in the "Notes" field when you place your order or request a quote.
- - Your choice of Storage or SDS software, to fit inro a larger architecture or pre-existing cloud infrastructure - choices include Ceph, GlusterFS, MooseFS (an eRacks Partner), LizardFS (Also ans eRacks Partner), or others
- - Your choice of NAS software / OS is available on request, including Samba, FreeNAS, NAS4Free, OpenMediaVault, or your choice - just specify it in the "Notes" field when you place your order.
- - Or, you may choose one of our regular distros, and/or simply ask for your preferred OS, packages, and storage options - Arch Linux, LizardFS,Ceph, MooseFS,Samba,NFS, Novell, Apple and any other available configuration requests - just add it in the Notes.
This model is available with single and dual multicore Xeon e5 series CPUs.