eRacks NAS series: Rackmount High-Density Storage Servers for your Private or Hybrid Cloud, Big Data, or NAS (Network Attached Storage) Needs.
available on all 3.5"FF-based servers!
eRacks rackmount storage servers are configured with your choice of operating system, and can be provisioned with all other available software including:
- - OpenStack, CloudStack, Eucalyptus, or other Cloud infrastructure for your own private cloud,
- - OpenMedaVault, FreeNAS, OpenNAS, OpenFiler, Samba, ATalk, NFS, rsync, and others for local on-premise LAN use or NAS,
- - Seafile or OwnCloud for your own private DropBox-equivalent,
- - ZFS, NFS, GlusterFS, LizardFS, Ceph, MooseFS, GFS, etc for distributed file systems -
eRacks offers a complete cross-platform solution - private / hybrid cloud server, file server, and total / SDS storage.
A battery backup option is also available for all hardware RAID solutions.
eRacks also offers system architecture and design services, including network design and private cloud architectures. Please call or email for provisioning questions and custom configurations, or click the "Get a Quote" button in the product you're interested in.
Our eRacks/NAS72 is a high-storage-density 4U rackmount storage server with 72 removable drive bays with up to 576TB of storage.
Suitable for Cloud Storage, OpenStack, SDS (Software-defined Storage) with the leading Open Source SDS solutions, NAS/Local LAN usage, media libraries, or any number of other storage uses, the eRacks/NAS72is a truly petascale solution - ten eRacks/NAS72 servers in a standard 42u rack gives you over 5 Petabytes of raw storage - with 2U of room to spare for a UPS, KVM, Network switch/firewall, or other of eRacks' rack accessories.
- - Your choice of Cloud software is available, including OpenStack, CloudStack, Eucalyptus, OpenNebula, ProxMox, or other - just specify in the "Notes" field when you place your order or request a quote.
- - Your choice of Storage or SDS software, to fit inro a larger architecture or pre-existing cloud infrastructure - choices include Ceph, GlusterFS, MooseFS (an eRacks Partner), LizardFS (Also ans eRacks Partner), or others
- - Your choice of NAS software / OS is available on request, including Samba, FreeNAS, NAS4Free, OpenMediaVault, or your choice - just specify it in the "Notes" field when you place your order.
- - Or, you may choose one of our regular distros, and/or simply ask for your preferred OS, packages, and storage options - Arch Linux, LizardFS,Ceph, MooseFS,Samba,NFS, Novell, Apple and any other available configuration requests - just add it in the Notes.
This model is available with single and dual multicore Xeon e5 v3-series CPUs.
Our flagship eRacks/NAS50 is a 9U rackmount storage server with 50 removable drive bays with up to 400TB of storage.
Suitable for cloud storage, NAS/Local LAN usage, media libraries, or any number of other storage uses, the eRacks/NAS50 is a truly petascale solution - four eRacks/NAS50 servers in a standard 42u rack gives you 1.6 Petabytes - with room to spare for a UPS, KVM, Network switch/firewall, or other of eRacks' rack accessories.
The eRacks/NAS36 is a 4U-height rackmount Cloud / NAS / Storage server with a single backplane. The RAID controller handles up to 36 drives. The system is 4U in height and contains up to 24 hotswap SATA3/SAS2 drives in front, and 12 more in the rear.
This yields a nice, compact server that's miserly on the rack U's while big on storage - filled with the best-value 3TB drives, it's 108TB for well under $15,000, when configured. With 8TB drives, it maxes out fully configured at 288TB, still for well under $25,000.
With the 6TB, 8TB, (& soon, 10TB) enterprise-class Helium-filled drives from HGST, it saves energy too - and is a truly petascale solution in only 4U of rackspace.
With the seagate Archive 8TB SMR drives, it is a truly miserly $cost/petabyte!
Suitable for cloud storage, NAS/Local LAN usage, media libraries, or any number of other storage uses, the eRacks/NAS24 is a truly petascale solution - ten eRacks/NAS24 servers in a standard 42U-45U rack gives you nearly 2 Petabytes - with room to spare for a UPS, KVM, Network switch/firewall, or other of eRacks' rack accessories.
eRacks/NAS16 is a mid-size, yet high-capacity network storage server with great pricing as well as power, capacity, and redundancy features that make it a top-of-the-line solution.
The 3U rackmount unit holds 16 hot-swap 3.5" drive bays, as well 2x SSD 2.5" hotswap drives, mirrored, for the OS, in the rear.
With incorporation of the all new HGST 8 Terabyte hard drives by eRacks Systems, this unit is now a truly powerful storage server with up to 128 Terabytes of networked raw storage space to offer.
As with all eRacks Systems products, the server will come with customers’ choice of open source operating system and software, pre-configured and ready-to-use. eRacks/NAS16 is a great cloud storage solution. Low power usage by HGST drive units, now in use, makes this model a true green and eco-friendly solution.
With eRacks Systems implementation of HGST 8 Terabyte hard drives, eRacks/NAS12 now store's up to 96 Terabytes of networked raw storage space.
Coming soon: eRacks/NAS12 with 8+4 drives - 4x NVMe SSDs for OS, Logs, etc - extremely fast!
The eRacks/NAS8 is a 2U large capacity storage server with eight 3.5" hot-swap drive bays. With the latest 8TB drive technology eRacks/NAS8 storage server can now provide up to 64 Terabytes of raw storage space.
There is still room for an available DVD/BD/CD Optical drive, and a 3U chassis version with vertical drive bays.
eRacks/NAS8 is delivered pre-configured with the latest open source operating system and software per your requirements.
The 8TB drives are available in both HGST 8 Terabyte hard drives, and Seagate Archive SMR 8TB Drives - also available across our entire line of storage servers.
The eRacks/NAS6 is a 2U Cloud-ready Storage / NAS server with 6 removable hard drives, as well as 3.5" and 5.25" external bays for peripherals.
- · 650W High-Efficiency Gold-level certified PS
- · Redundant power option available
- · 6x Hot-swap SATA / SAS hard drive bays
- · Dual-Xeon-capable, Xeon e5 v2/v3 standard
- · Max 1TB DDR3 Memory (1.5TB available via custom quote)
- · Hardware RAID card
The eRacks/NAS4 is our 1U 4-drive bay NAS server, with enterprise-level features, power, and redundancy found in our larger NAS-series systems - a great storage server solution for companies that want a robust, reliable, professional-grade rackmount storage server with redundancy, while still 1U - and they may not yet need vast storage capacity, but still would like to have access to the same enterprise-level features as found in our higher-end storage servers, such as dual-CPU power, ECC RAM, and redundancy found in our larger NAS-series systems.
The unit can have up to 4 hot-swap 3.5" hard drives, up to 8TB each, and include both HGST and Seagate Archive (SMR) drives, to reach total capacity of 32 Terabytes of raw storage.
Compared to the consumer-grade solutions with similar features (1U, 4 drives), eRacks' solution is far more configurable, and of course fully open, with enterprise-class features such as RPS, ECC RAM, dual-CPU capabilities, and up to 4x GbE or 10GbE NICs.